One of the most complicated items to move from place to place is a piano. They are extremely large, heavy, oddly shaped, and have lots of moving parts that need protection. And, on top of that, many pianos are either extremely valuable or have sentimental value. Robb and Messer Moving and Storage can help you get your treasured piano safely from one home to the next. Take music and memories safely with you with the help of our friendly and dedicated customer service.
Robb and Messer Moving and Storage takes care of all your valued possessions as if they were our own. We securely wrap and pad all loose items, from sofas to bicycles. But pianos require special handling! From a spinet to a concert grand or even an organ, we go step by step to make sure that your instrument arrives at your new home in great condition. Here are some of the protective measures we take to protect your memories:
- We will examine your piano during our pre-move consultation and assessment. This allows us to bring the right equipment with us on moving day. Choosing the right size and type of dolly is especially important.
- Your piano will be padded and secured with stretch wrapping to protect the body of the instrument.
- While the security of your piano is paramount, we are also mindful of potential damage to your home during the move. We do not move a piano out (or in) without thorough and adequate floor protection.
- When transporting grand pianos, we remove the legs, pedals, lid, and music wrap. We pack and/or wrap and transport these parts separately. A special piano moving board allows us to securely transport the piano case itself, even up and down full flights of stairs.
- And of course, your piano will be securely strapped down while it is being driven safely to your new home to make new memories.